Preorder iPhone 15 Pro and iPhone 15 Family
Get the latest iPhone 15 series with Unbeatable 5G U Postpaid plans, from now till 28 September 2023. Pre-order yours at U Mobile today!
1. What is Ultra Unlimited Fibre Broadband?
This is U Mobile’s service in powering up your home with fast internet experience with Fibre Broadband.
2. Who can subscribe to this service?
Anyone aged 18 and above residing in Malaysia can subscribe to this service.
3. How about Foreigners and Permanent Residents?
Foreigners and Permanent Residents are required to place RM500 as deposit upon registration.
4. How can I check which areas are covered for the Fibre Broadband services?
You can go to u.com.my/fbb/ and check for coverage areas available before subscribing to the services.
5. My home is not within the coverage area. What should I do?
You can register your interest with us via u.com.my/fbb/ and we will contact you once your area has coverage as we are constantly and rapidly expanding our coverage nationwide. You can also refer to our coverage checker periodically at u.com.my/fbb/
6. How can I subscribe for this service?
Easy! You can choose the following options:
a. Register your interest at u.com.my/fbb/ and our representative will be in touch with you
b. Walk-in to your nearest U Mobile Service Centre
1. What documents do I need to provide to subscribe the service?
You need to have either the following to subscribe to our service.
b. Angkatan Tentera Malaysia ID
c. Permanent Residence ID
d. Temporary Malaysian ID
e. Valid Passport (Applicable for Foreigners)
2. Are there any payments required upon registration?
There is an Upfront Payment for all new customers, and a Foreigner Deposit for foreigners and permanent residents signing up. These are both payable upon registration.
3. What is the Upfront Payment?
Upfront Advance Access Fee Payment is an advance payment equivalent to the full monthly fee, and is made at the point of registration. It will then be deducted from your first month’s bill statement and you will only be required to pay any balance due.
4. What is the Foreigner Deposit?
If you are a foreigner or permanent resident, there is a refundable deposit of RM500 required upon registration which is refundable upon termination of the service.
5. If I have outstanding bills with U Mobile or other networks, can I still proceed to subscribe to Ultra Unlimited Home Fibre Broadband?
You will be required to settle any outstanding bills with U Mobile or other networks before you are eligible to subscribe for this service.
6. Is there any contract tied with the subscription?
Our Home Fibre Broadband service comes with a 24-month contract periods.
1. Can I choose my own preferred date for installation and set up the service?
Yes. Upon registration, you can choose your preferred installation date, and our representatives will contact you with confirmation after setting the appointment with our installers within 5 business days.
2. How do Can I reschedule my installation date?
Yes, you can. You need to Call call us at 018 388 1318 at least 4 business days before your 1st original installation appointment. We will impose There will be a RM200 late rescheduling fee charge for requests made within within 4 business days from your 1st original appointment.
3. Is there any charges if I request for another rescheduling for installation?
Any subsequent rescheduling after the first request regardless of business days, you will be chargeds RM200 respectively.
4. If I change my mind and would like to cancel my Home Fibre Broadband service before installation, will there be any charges to this change?
Call us at 018 388 1318 at least 4 business days before your original installation date appointment to make a cancellation to subscribe to the service. Do note that there will be We will impose a RM200 atecancellation fee charge for request requests made within 4 business days from the your original agreed installation date.
5. How long will it take to install the service at my home?
Please allocate at least 2 hours for installation and testing of the service. Some homes may require more time to install than others, depending on distance from the nearest fibre distribution point, and the layout of the home.
6. Do I need to be around during installation?
Yes, we will need to verify that you are the requestor for our service, granting our installer access to your home, sign-off a form confirming that installation is complete, and your home is successfully connected to our Home Fibre Broadband network.
7. Are there any installation charges?
There is no charges for basic installation which will be the shortest route from the fibre distribution point to the nearest entry wall, followed by 10 metres of cabling into your home to connect your ONU (fibre modem) and WiFi Router.
Additional requirements, such as requests to enter via a different wall, extra internal cabling, or setting up your smart home devices will incur additional charges. The cost for these requests will be advised by the installer before any work begins, and these charges will be payable directly to the installer.
8. What are the potential additional charges involved during service installation?
Additional non-standard installation (NSI) costs may occur if you request for customised fibre routing due to complicated home layout or for aesthetic purposes.
NSI charges will be listed for your agreement by the installer before any work begins, and charges will be payable directly to the installer.
9. Do I get any WiFi Router or Modem when I subscribe to the Fibre Broadband service?
Yes, you will get one unit of WiFi Router and one unit of Modem from us to power up your house with internet access to be shared with your family and friends.
10. Is there any warranty for the Modem or WiFi Router?
Yes, we provide a 24-month manufacturer warranty for the routers, and lifetime manufacturing warranty for the Modem as long as you are actively subscribing to the service and with bill payments up to date. If you are facing equipment problems, do call us at 018 388 1318 to schedule for technical support.
11. Does your Home Fibre Broadband come with a fixed telephone line?
No, our Home Fibre Broadband package is not attached to any fixed telephone line. If you are an existing U Mobile Postpaid subscriber, do check out our attractive Unlimited Postpaid plans.
1. What are the speed packages available?
Please refer to the table below.
Monthly Service Fee
2. Why do I experience inconsistent speeds when using my Home Fibre Broadband service?
There are several factors that will affect your speed, including (but not limited to):
3. Is there any information for self trouble shooting before I call up customer service if I face any technical issue with my Home Fibre Broadband service?
We want you to have seamless internet experience when you are with us. Because we think you’re awesome, we’re throwing inThis sim is a complimentary back up data SIM card so that you can continue accessing the Internet should there be any network interruptions to your Home Fibre Broadband!
Do note that this SIM card cannot be used for making voice calls or sending SMS, and will only be allocated with a data quota when you face network interruptionsdisruptions to your Home Fibre Broadband service.
5. When can I utilize this How do I use this bback up SIM, and is there data quota allocated?
If you face network interruptions, please Ccall our support team at 018 388 1318 to report the matter. network disruptions, Upon verifications on our end, you will be we will allocated 15GB data for your immediate use which is valid for . This quota will be valid for 3 days. The 15GB can also be be utilized as hotspot data.
1. Can I upgrade my Home Fibre Broadband package?
Yes, you can. You can upgrade your package at any point of time in between of your 24 months contract period. If you upgrade your package within your contract period, it will not extend your contract period. Do Call us at 018 388 1318 to request for an upgrade.
2. What happens to my monthly bill upon successful upgrade to a higher rate plan?
Your first monthly bill after the upgrade will be prorated accordingly to the new rate plan.
3. Will I be offered a new router if I upgrade to a higher package?
If you are upgrading from 100 Mbps to 500 Mbps, you can still use the same router. However, if you are on either 100 Mbps or 500 Mbps and wish to be upgraded to 1 Gbps package, you will be given a new router upgrade.
4. Will there be any fee imposed for the new router upgrade?
There is no fee for the new router upgrade if you upgrade your plan to 1Gbps, however your contract will be renewed to 24 months. However, there is a RM180 charge for our We will send a technician to go to your premises to set-up and install the new router.
5. Can I downgrade my Home Fibre Broadband package?
Yes, you can download your Home Fibre Broadband package only upon completion of your current 24 months contract package. For the moment, you will not be able to downgrade your Home Fibre Broadband package.
6. Can I relocate the service to another premises / location?
Yes, you can relocate your Home Fibre Broadband package to another new premises/ location upon completion of your current 24 months contract package. However, there is relocation fee of RM200.
7. Can I transfer the ownership of my current service to another person?
We do not allow, transfer of ownership for this service at this moment is not allowed.
1. How do I pay my Home Fibre Broadband bill?
We have several payment options for your convenience. You can pay via:
Follow this link more details: https://www.u.com.my/support/selfhelp/bill-payment-methods
2. What happens if I do not pay my bill on time?
The Home Fibre Broadband service will be suspended after the billing due date on your bill, and if non-payment continues, the service will be terminated.
3. How can I activate back my What happens if mHome Fibre Broadband account if it has been suspended?
You will need to make full payment for the outstanding amount to activate back your account and to continue enjoying the service.
4. Why do I still get monthly service fee charges even when I have been suspended?
Your monthly service fee will continue to be charged even on suspended account as you have not terminated your service with us. Note that even when the service has been suspended due to non-payment, the monthly service fee will continue to be charged.
5. How long will it take to reactivate my Home Fibre Broadband service after paying?
Service will resume within 2 business days from receipt of your payment.
1. How do I terminate my Home Fibre Broadband service?
Please call us at 018 388 1318 to request for termination 30 days before the desired termination date.
2. Is there any penalty if I terminate within my contract period?
Yes, there is an Early Termination Penalty of RM500 for Any termination performed if while you are still within contract period.
3. Do I need to return any equipment if I decide to terminate the service?
We will arrange our technician to collect you are required to return the Modem ONU and WiFi Router, along with both their power supplies in good working condition.
4. Is there any other charges aside from the Early Termination Penalty if I terminate within my contract period?
There is a RM180 charge for our We will send a technician to go to your premisepremises to retrieve the Modem and WiFi Router equipment at a charge of RM180. This charge is waived if termination is performed after your contract period has been completed and if the equipment is returned to us in working condition. Table of termination charges is as follows:
1. Can I still get the 50% off for Home Fibre promo that was offered previously?
The 50% off for Home Fibre promo has ended on the 17thAugust 2022.
2. Would I still get to enjoy my 50% off for my current Home Fibre subscription which I have subscribed before 18th August 2022?
Yes, if you are already on the 50% off promo, you will still get to enjoy the discount until the end of your contract period and as long as you maintain your current Postpaid plan and remain active.
3. If I change my current rate plan to the new Postpaid plan, will I still get to enjoy my 50% discount for my current Home Fibre subscription?
If you change your current rate plan that is tied to the 50% discount to the new Postpaid rate plan, you will still be eligible to the discount for the remaining contract period for your Home Fibre service.
Example as below:
Change to New Postpaid
After Change Rate Plan
50% Discount for the Home Fibre promotion is still valid for remaining contract period
4. Can I still get the 50% discount for the Home Fibre promotion if I subscribed to the new Postpaid plans?
Please note the promotion has ended on the 17th August 2022. Do keep a lookout for future promotions.
5. Will I still enjoy 50% off my Home Fibre Broadband promo if I terminate my eligible postpaid mobile line?
No, you will not get the enjoy the 50% off if you terminate your eligible postpaid line. You will be charged the full rate for your Home Fibre Broadband on the same month your eligible postpaid mobile line is terminated.
6. If I terminate my existing Postpaid line and subscribe to a new eligible postpaid line within my Home Fibre Broadband contract period, can I still get the 50% promo the service?
Once you terminate your existing Postpaid line, you will not be eligible for the 50% promotion and your Home Fibre Broadband rate will revert to its standard price.
7. What happens if I upgrade or downgrade my eligible postpaid line?
Upgrading or downgrading within eligible postpaid mobile plans will still give you 50% off your Home Fibre Broadband bill. If you are no longer within the eligible postpaid mobile plans, you are required to pay the months’ full fibre bill.
8. How many months would I enjoy the promotion of 50% off from the standard rate?
You will get to enjoy 50% off throughout the 24 months contract period as long as your Postpaid line remains active with us.
9. Would there be future Home Fibre promotion?
Do keep a lookout for our future promotions by visiting our website.
If you require further assistance, you can get in touch with us via the following channels.
Reach out to us through the MyUMobile App.
Drop us your message on Messenger.
Tweet us your enquiries and we will get back to you as soon as we can!