- You do not have to make any upfront payment for the UD plan if you fulfill our eligibility requirements.
- If you terminate or downgrade your current UD plan or change to another rate plan before the Tenure expires, you are required to refund any subsidy which was given when you first registered for the Service. The refund is calculated based on the subsidy divided by the total Tenure period and multiplied by the remaining number of months of the Tenure. The number of months remaining will be deemed to include the month during which you terminated the Service.
For a 24 months contractual period
- e.g. If you subscribe to Ultimate Device 90 where you are given a subsidy of RM600 and you terminate in Month 7, you are required to refund RM600 / 24 months x 18 = RM 450.
- If you do not fulfill our eligibility requirements, you are required to make an upfront payment when your application to register is accepted by us.
- We will give you a monthly rebate over the Tenure period for the subsidy (if any) which was given when you first registered for the Service. If you terminate or downgrade to another Ultimate Device Plan or rate plan before the Tenure expires, your monthly rebates will be forfeited.
- For upgrades of rate plan:
- If you have paid UPFRONT PAYMENT for the initial UD plan, the monthly rebate will remain the same
Example: UD60 -> UD90 (Upgrade)
- Initial UD plan: UD60
- Initial monthly rebate: RM15.00
- New UD plan: UD90
- Monthly rebate: RM15.00 (carried over from UD60 despite the upgrade)
- If you have signed up for the initial UD plan with NO UPFRONT PAYMENT, the initial phone subsidy commitment will be carried forward to the new UD plan.
Example: UD60 -> UD90 (Upgrade)
- UD60 subsidy : RM360
- Upon termination of UD90 plan, subsidy which is required for refund will be based on RM360 (pro-rated upon termination).
- You may subscribe up to 3 member lines, either “Share 20” or “Share 50”, depending on the plan that you have signed up. For Share 50, upfront payment is required for each Share 50 member line subscribed. If you subscribe up to 3 Share 50 member lines, you are required to sign-up for auto-debit of the monthly charges for the principal and the member lines using your credit card. If you subscribe to Share 50, your credit limit will be increased automatically upon activation of each member line.
General Postpaid Plan
- You must pay the Monthly Fee in full even if you do not use the Service to the full value for the month. No part of the Monthly Fee will be carried over to the following months. Any usage exceeding the Monthly Fee will be billed to you on monthly basis. Monthly Fee may also be referred to as “Monthly Commitment Fee”, “Monthly Access Fee” or other names as may be determined by us.
- Charges for all other services not listed, such as International Direct Dial (IDD) and International Roaming will not be deducted from the Monthly Fee and will be charged separately. Unless specifically stated otherwise, monthly data and bundled minutes are only applicable for domestic usage and will not be available during Roaming.
- We reserve the right to amend or change the tariffs at any time during the Contract Period.
- The Service cannot be combined with other package unless stated otherwise.
- Contract Period will be applicable when devices are bundled together with the Service. We may impose cancellation charges/fees (including unpaid device price) if you terminate the Services (or we terminate due to your non-compliance) prior to the agreed Contract Period. Contract Period may also be referred as “Minimum Period” or “Minimum Term”.
- If you have bought any device or accessories from us or our dealers, all claims relating to those products are covered by the warranty, if any, offered by the relevant manufacturer. We do not provide any warranty claim on the device.
- The Advance Access Fee is charged in advance to your account and will be shown in your first month bill. If you do not pay your bill by the due date, this Advance Access Fee may be used to offset any outstanding charges. Upon set off or deduction, we may also require you to pay a further advance fee in an amount that we determine. Any remaining balance of the advance fee will be refunded to you without interest if you terminate this Postpaid Plan provided all outstanding charges have been settled.
- If you are an existing U Mobile prepaid customer and you wish to switch to this Postpaid Plan, you may retain your phone number. Any remaining SMS, voice minutes or data allowance to which you are entitled under the previous prepaid plan will be forfeited and any content subscription services which are part of your previous prepaid plan will be automatically terminated. However, any credit remaining may be carried over to this Postpaid Plan up to a maximum value of RM100 to offset bill payment. Any credit balance exceeding the sum of RM100 will be automatically forfeited.
- If you have subscribed to Voice Plus and SMS Plus add on packages, when you change your rate plan, any unused quota from the Voice Plus and SMS Plus will be forfeited without refund. Such Voice Plus and SMS Plus add on packages will be renewed upon the activation of your new rate plan and you will be charged for a refreshed quota.
- Any add-on services bundled together with the Postpaid plan(s) are governed by separate terms and conditions, which are published on www.u.com.my.
Advance Access Fee is the amount which equals to the Monthly Fee.
Contract Period is the pre-agreed duration for which you are required to subscribe to the Services.
Monthly Fee is the monthly fee that you are required to pay for your Postpaid Plan and may be used interchangeably with Access Fee or Monthly Access Fee in www.u.com.my or in your bill.
Version : 14 February 2020