Enjoy up to 1,000GB 5G data with our new U Postpaid™ plans. Check it out now!
1. The Roam-Onz™ Promotion (“Promotion”) is a data roaming offer which provides you with data quota (which is separate and in addition to your domestic data quota) on roaming at selected countries at no additional charge. This Promotion is not applicable for voice and SMS service.
2. The Promotion is available to P68, P70, P78, P79, P98, P99, i90, i130, UD90, UD130, U Premium and U Platinum U Mobile postpaid subscribers (principal lines only).
3. The Promotion is not applicable for member and supplementary lines.
4. The Promotion cannot be transferred to any other mobile numbers.
6. We reserve the right to modify or otherwise change these Terms including the charges without notice to you. This overrides any requirement where we may have to give you notice in other parts of our agreement with you.
7. The Promotion cannot be combined with any other offers unless expressly stated.
8. The Promotion is available from 16 May 2017 until 31 Dec 2020 (“Promotion Period”).
Activation and Charges
1. To enjoy the Promotion you have to:
i. activate your international roaming service before you travel; and
ii. manually connect to either one of the preferred roaming operator’s networks when you are on roaming at the respective countries:
|No.||County||Preferred Roaming Operator||Effective Date|
|1||Australia||Optus||1 November 2016|
|Telstra||7 April 2016 till 31 October 2016|
|2||Bangladesh||Bangalink||7 April 2016|
|3||Cambodia||Cellcard||7 April 2016|
|Metfone||17 December 2019|
|4||Hong Kong||HKT||7 April 2016 till 13 December 2018|
|Hutchison 3||2 May 2018|
|Smartone||24 May 2019|
|5||India||Aircel||7 April 2016 till 1 April 2018|
|Bharti Airtel||1 March 2018|
|Reliance||7 April 2016 till 28 Feb 2018|
|6||Indonesia||Hutchison||16 October 2017|
|Telkomsel||7 April 2016 till 30 September 2016|
|Indosat Ooredoo||01 October 2016|
|Lao Telecommunications||26 June 2019|
|Unitel||17 December 2019|
|8||Philippines||Smart||7 April 2016|
|9||Singapore||StarHub||7 April 2016|
|Singtel||3 January 2019|
|10||South Korea||SK Telecom||7 April 2016|
|KT||06 February 2017|
|11||Taiwan||Taiwan Mobile||7 April 2016|
|Chunghwa||3 July 2019|
|12||Thailand||AIS||19 December 2018|
|True Move||7 April 2016|
|DTAC||17 January 2020|
2. If you do not connect to the preferred roaming network specified above, you will not be able to connect to the internet while on roaming. However, you may still use voice and SMS service subject to the applicable charges imposed by the roaming operator you connect to.
3. Once you connect to the network above based on the country you are in, you may use your data quota allocated based on your existing postpaid plans (“Roam-Onz Quota”). For example, if you are subscribed to P99 plan, your Roam-Onz™ Quota is 3GB. You may continue to use the Roam-Onz Quota on roaming at the countries listed above if you are connected to the preferred roaming operator’s network.
4. You may check your Roam-Onz™ Quota’s usage while on roaming by
i. Dialing *118#; or
ii. using the MyUMobile App
5. Upon full utilisation of your Roam-Onz™ Quota:
i. we will notify you via SMS and your Roam-Onz™ service is no longer applicable until the quota is refreshed at the next billing cycle
ii. if you continue to use data roaming, you will automatically subscribe to the daily U Data Roam service (UDR10). The UDR10 is chargeable at RM10 per-day per-country subject to UDR10’s terms and conditions which are accessible at http://www.u.com.my/tnc/150.
6. The mobile internet roaming service is subject to the preferred roaming operator’s network availability.
Version : 14 February 2020
If you require further assistance, you can get in touch with us via the following channels.
Reach out to us through the MyUMobile App.
Drop us your message on Messenger.
Tweet us your enquiries and we will get back to you as soon as we can!